Monday, January 21, 2019

Feliz Cumpleanos Elder Raven πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

Hi Elder Raven,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WEEK!!!! I have been thinking about you all week! We hope you are doing well!  A couple of questions we have for you...
  • How are you doing?
  • How is Elder Santiago doing? Any news about how his knee is doing? Elder Santiago is lucky to have you as his trainer.  YOU are amazing!
  • Did your internet short out last week? It's the first time we didn't get a group email from you. Is everything ok?
  • How are your investigators? How is the Grandma you found the beginning of December?
  • We sent you more fish oils...are you taking fish oils? It will help with the demands placed on your body. 
  • I wanted to share that Blake was ordained a Deacon January 6th, Braxton has ordained a Teacher Sunday, January 20th. Mckinley went to the Temple with friends on Monday and she came again with Blake on Friday so she could be with him on his first time to the Temple.  Blake passed the sacrament for the first time in Church and he gave a youth talk about "Some of the Privileges of being able to go to the Temple." Dad also spoke with Blake in Sacrament meeting.  They did a nice job!
  • The kids want to use your hoverboard, but I put the charge cord away so they can't use it. So it will be in good condition when you get home.  I told them they need to get permission from you before they can use it. You can tell me your honest thoughts if you want me to keep it safe for you... I will. haha 
    • IS there anything we can help do for you? We re here to support you.
    • Do you have any pics you can send for your blog?  Thanks for the pictures you already have sent.  
You are constantly in our prayers. We love hearing from you!!!! Keep smiling!
Love, Mom πŸ’™πŸ’™πŸ’™

_______________________________________________________________________________________
Mom,
Thank you so much for the birthday wishes, keeping me in the loop with all thats going on back home, and for the many blessings I have received through your emails!
First off, I am so excited that Blake, and Braxton advanced in their priesthood responsibilities!  Make sure that they understand that they have an access to the power of God and that they have the power to be instruments of great good in school and in every aspect of their lives!  Teach them about their divine identity and destiny, and help them continue to be the wonderful boys that they already are!   I am truly blessed with the greatest family on the planet, and for your wonderful examples in teaching me the principles of the gospel!  They are doing so much good in the ward back home, and I hope they can recognize how wonderful they truly are, because they have learned from your example and that of our dad as well!
So this past week was honestly great!  It was full of challenges and adversity like normal, but we have grown closer as a companionship and for this reason, it is much more bearable!  We are truly striking up a great balance and I believe that we will be great instruments for good here in the branch of Alianza Real! 
We bought a knee brace for Elder Santiago, alongeside some pain medication to help him keep working in spite of the cold related pain!  So he´s been doing a lot better!
So last week we ran out of time from the Zone Activity in the stake center, and so we were booking it, so we only sent a message to the president, to family members and friends, and then left to return to our area a little bit late!  We were only writing for like 20 mins because we really ran out of time!
Everything is fine down here, and don´t worry I am going to explain everything in the massive group email!
Our investigators are great, it is just really difficult to work around work schedules in our area, because most of the people don´t have an education beyond la prepa or high school equivalent and for this reason they are very humble and good people, but they are unable to have a lot of control over their work schedules because they all work in factories where they literally don´t know their schedules in advance until the week of and they are only able to life and plan in the moment so that makes things complicated to plan our lessons, but they are really ready and progressing in all their commitments except for attending the church!
Yeah I have been taking the supplements and fish oils you have given me, and I still feel tired all the time, but they help me to maintain the energy until the nightime, haha!  
The broskis can use the hoverboard all they want, really I don´t have any need of it,  just make sure they stay safe that is my only concern, but for all I care they can have it.   One thing the mission has taught me is to not be so overly concerned about things, but rather how I can help other people, and if it makes them happy to use the hoverboard, let them at it, so long as they don´t try to do flips with it, haha!
Really there isn´t anything more!  Thanks for all that you are doing to send inspirational messages to help me press forward one day at a time!  The time is truly flying here and it is so wild to think that I have been in the field for exactly 5 months as of today!  I feel so blessed to be able to give to those around me, and center my life so that one day I will be able to end this mission with honor, to begin the true everyday battles of an everyday member missionary!
Love you so much mother!
Thank you for raising me in the principles of the gospel, and teaching me of the power of the Atonement of Jesus Christ!
I love you more than you can imagine!
Elder Raven

No comments:

Post a Comment