Monday, September 2, 2019

Changing things up

Hey Everyone!
So starting tomorrow I am going to be leaving the Anahuac Stake for the first time in my year in the mission! (It is so crazy!) I will be heading to the Concordia Ward in San Nicolas Stake which is only about 10 miles away from my current area! (Check fotos where I diagrammed the changes, using LDS Maps and Snipping Tool, jaja!) (Just to let you know FC is where I was at, the sister area that were sharing the ward with us, and the zone leaders of Anahuac)  I will be serving with Elder Santos who was my first zone leader in this mission and this will be his last change which is so wild to see how the time is flying by!

It is pretty sad saying goodbye to everyone that I have come to love in these past few months but I genuinely believe that the Lord has a divine purpose for me in San Nicolas! 
I am really excited to see how things go in the next few weeks but I feel that this was a truly inspired change and honestly I am not going very far from Felipe Carrillo which is really nice!
But aside from all the change information I was thinking a lot this last week about the heroes from whom we pattern our lives after.   Some of us may do this following a famous individual, others a grandparent or mentor or teacher, and others our closest friends.  These can be great influences in our lives as we are following gospel principles, but I would like us to reflect about whom we spend our time thinking to model ourselves after and then think about the wonderful individuals of the book of Mormon, with the Nephis and Captain Moroni type figures that just give us the inspiration to persevere and be faithful!  I truly believe that we can literally apply the scriptures and become more like these individuals if in everyday situations we could take the divinely inspired actions of these just men and women and do similarly!  I have been trying to apply the principles of Teancums love for his fellow men, his courage, and preparation as a missionary to be able to better serve those around me and I know that as you follow this pattern with the ultimate example being Jesus Christ we will always find a happier and more blessed way of being!
I love you all and I will send you the fotos next week of the goodbyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment